social media account manager
social media account director
Our sister agency, Shackleton PR, have a new vacancy:
Shackleton PR is looking for a highly experienced social media account director to join its creative and ambitious young team, working at the cutting edge of social media and ultimately leading the way to ensure the consultancy stays at the forefront of all things social.
Working within a PR team incorporating a wide variety of backgrounds, the role demands an understanding of how social media can complement a wider communications campaign, with many clients within the Shackleton portfolio cross-disciplinary. The right person will be able to demonstrate a high level of creativity when it comes to campaigns and content, while maintaining an analytical edge and commitment to innovation.
The successful candidate will need at least five years’ relevant experience and, ideally, professional accreditations, including Google Analytics. It goes without saying that they will need to be passionate about all aspects of social media. They will be confident in overseeing the delivery of a full range of content and show an in depth understanding of the social media mix. A track record of devising and delivering social-led campaigns is essential, as is experience in managing senior client relationships and an agency team.
Working closely with Epiphany, one of the UK’s leading digital agencies, ensures that our team remains at the forefront of digital strategy and enjoys all the benefits of being part of a 150+ strong business.
Our heritage means that we’re in a rare position to successfully merge PR with the latest social media techniques to create some of the most exciting and high profile campaigns. In the last few months alone, we’ve been commended by national media and peers alike.
We’re looking for an established social media account director who is passionate about their work and wants to get involved in shaping one of the region’s most vibrant and exciting agencies.
- Integrating social media within wider PR strategy, as well as devising standalone campaigns
- Working with teams to set and surpass social media KPIs
- Managing client relationships and reporting
- Developing strategic plans and goals, as well as managing tactical roll out
- Coaching clients and the agency team on new opportunities and developments in social media
- Identifying and acting on opportunities for client growth
- Effectively evaluating of social media campaigns, as well as setting and managing budgets
- Successfully leading account teams, supporting career development and the setting of individual objectives
- An understanding of what makes a successful social media campaign
- A thorough commercial awareness as well as relevant experience in running successful campaigns with a wide range of organisations operating in a variety of sectors
- An in-depth knowledge of online channels and an understanding of how to best engage them
- An awareness of key elements and metrics of SEO and how earned media activity impacts
- The ability to understand different industry sectors / audiences
- Strong campaign planning skills and organisation – working under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- A proven track record in pitching for and winning new business
- Exemplary copywriting and communication skills